TV/Audio Productions Instructor
Website Joplin Schools
Franklin Technology Center
Franklin Technology Center is looking for a talented and passionate digital media specialist to teach various audio and film classes. This individual must have a strong background in video and audio production. The ideal candidate should demonstrate a high level of enthusiasm, be energetic, adaptable, and knowledgeable in their content area. The ability to work with a team is essential to help increase academic achievement. The Audio/Visual instructor will provide support for all JET-HD related broadcasts including football games, basketball games, school board meetings, and other live event productions. Courses currently being taught by this position include:
- Audio Production
- Audio Engineering
- Special Effects/Compositing
- Supports the mission of Joplin Schools.
- Supports the value of education.
- Complies with the privacy rights of students.
- Safeguards confidential and/or sensitive information.
- Communicates effectively with all the members of the school district and community.
- Provides excellence in customer service both internally and externally.
- Reacts to change productively.
- Keeps abreast of new information, innovative ideas and techniques.
- Maintains accurate records and filing systems for accountability and audit purposes.
- Ensures that all activities conform to district, state, or federal guidelines.
- Provide instruction to students
- Create and implement a classroom disciplinary plan
- Create lesson plans and activities to implement and supplement instruction
- Participate in building, grade level and subject area committees
- Participate in professional development activities
- Maintain accurate student records including attendance, grades and discipline
- Complete and submit forms and required reports in a timely manner
- Communicate regularly with parents regarding progress and other educational concerns
- Report suspected abuse, neglect, discrimination and harassments as directed by Board policy
- Prepare lesson plans for use by a substitute teacher
- Carry out all other duties as assigned.
Valid Missouri Teaching Certificate, Required
Bachelor’s degree, required
Reports to: Director of FTC
An individual who holds this position must have the ability to:
- Speak and hear in an environment where numerous conversations and activities may be taking place simultaneously
- Move around the classroom
- Read handwritten or printed material
To apply for this job please visit joplin.tedk12.com.