Sports Multi-platform Producer
Website TEGNA, Inc.
KSDK, Five on Your Side, the legacy station in St. Louis, is looking for an experienced journalist to help build an important franchise in Sports. If you’re a creative storyteller who understands true multi-platform journalism and who is not bound by the methods of traditional TV news – we want to hear from you!
- Ability to identify, write and produce stories with a specific framework.
- Research for facts and credibility.
- Shoot, write, produce and edit on air and on line content within deadlines.
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
- Use social media and digital tools to research, discover and distribute content.
- Attend editorial meetings and offer story ideas in both sports and news.
- Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner.
- Produce podcasts
- Train others in Adobe after effects
- Be the champion for TEGNA graphics in the sports department
- Ability to produce several stories daily for KSDK.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
- College degree.
- Sports producing experience preferred.
- Must possess solid news judgment, display strong communication skills, creativity, and ethical decision-making skills.
- Strong writing skills, production skills and tease writing abilities.
- ENPS, EDIUS, ADOBE and Axis graphics experience is preferred.
- Must be organized with the ability to work under constant deadlines.
- Must be able to calmly handle live breaking sports situations and changing events.
- Proven social and digital content creation ability.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 62 television stations and four radio stations in 51 markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching over 38 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks Justice Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
Apply Online URL:
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs.net.