Sports Influencer / Journalist
Website TEGNA, Inc.
Digital and social media have not just changed the day-to-day routines for sports journalists. They have raised the expectations the journalists are facing as well. Are you a sports journalist who has created a rapport with your audience online, on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and You Tube? Are you a sports journalist that fans turn to directly for expert analysis and commentaries? Are you a voice within the conversation of sports? If so, you could become the newest member of the 5 On Your Side sports team. We are looking for the next great sports influencer / journalist to join our team in the number one sports city of America, St. Louis, Missouri.
We need a great digital storyteller who will also excel on the broadcast platform. The successful candidate will be able to create unique and shareable stories for all platforms through memorable writing, photography, and editing as well as a strong on-camera presentation.
We’re looking for candidates who not only think of sports as another form of news, but are prepared to influence the conversation the audience is having on social media and beyond.
- Create daily digital and social content, where your sports voice can be heard clearly.
- Develop original content through social listening and independent sources.
- Create your own content vehicles for podcasts, newsletters, voice experience technology
- Produce and anchor unique sportscasts that break through the traditional “sports for sports fans” approach.
- Develop story ideas, write, shoot and edit sports stories for on-air broadcasting.
- Deliver on-air live sports events in an engaging, exciting, and accurate manner as both a reporter and anchor.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
- A proven track record of social rapport with an organic audience that you have built from scratch. Should include all social platforms.
- Examples of podcasts, digital columns, commentaries on all platforms.
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- A strong natural on-camera presentation and an interesting style.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience of on-air reporting and anchoring
- Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
- Understanding the tenets of professional journalism
- A portfolio with examples of strong breaking sports reporting
- Ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
- Knowledge of ENPS and Edius a plus
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking sports situations and changing events
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 49 television stations and two radio stations in 41 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and approximately 30 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry’s top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA also delivers innovative and unparalleled solutions for advertisers through TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS). TMS is a one-stop shop that helps businesses thrive through an unmatched suite of services and solutions that reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
Apply Online URL:
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs.net.