KCTV5/KSMO is owned and operated by Meredith Corporation. Meredith Corporation (NYSE: MDP; www.meredith.com) has been committed to service journalism for 115 years. The Senior Accountant oversees the day-to-day general accounting of the Accounting/Business Department of KCTV/KSMOtv including accounts receivable, accounts payable, credit/collections, payroll, budgeting, forecasting, contracts, and general accounting including journal entries and accruals. This position also is responsible for the compilation of monthly financial statements and related monthly and quarterly reports for the Regional Business Director’s review.
Minimum of 3 years general accounting required. General accounting experience at a broadcast television station preferred. Past experience with Oracle, Hyperion and Wide Orbit preferred.
Essential Job Functions:
75% – Reviews and performs monthly closing process for station financial statement reporting; reviews and performs balance sheet account reconciliation; reviews, prepares and inputs journal entries and capital asset activation. Oversees accounting/business area functions and serves on the Department Head leadership team to ensure adherence to station and corporate policies and departmental deadlines. Prepare payrolls and prepare or review billing data as required.
15% – Provides Regional Business Director with financial data for the monthly/quarterly financial reports and/or prepares monthly/quarterly financial reports. Assists Regional Business Director in the preparation of stations annual budget and strategic plan. Participates and/or conducts monthly financial reviews as needed.
10% – Participates and/or leads special projects as required.
Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field, or equivalent training and/or experience.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years general accounting required. General accounting experience at a broadcast television station preferred. Past experience with Oracle, Hyperion and Wide Orbit preferred.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to adhere to strict deadlines.
· Must be adaptable and flexible with the ability to shift focus on new priorities.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Good verbal and written communication skills.
· Must be self-motivated and be able to focus on tasks and projects with limited supervision.
· Must be team oriented and have had past successful experience working in a team environment collaborating and providing support to peers and managers.
· Must have good organizational and time management skills.
· Must be able to handles confidential information and keep customer and company data confidential.
% Travel Required (Approximate): <5%
We are always on the lookout for bright, creative talent to be part of the Meredith team.
Visit us today at:
To apply for this job please visit www.meredith.com.