KCTV5/KSMO, a Meredith Corporation station, is seeking a Sales Assistant. The Sales Assistant position is the primary clerical and support person for the local sales staff. This position assists Local Sales Managers and Account Executives in all aspects of the sales process, including good stewardship of client broadcast and digital business.
Essential Job Functions
Accountabilities, Actions and Expected Measurable Results:
40% – Proper paperwork and order entry with high level of accuracy working with clients directly on make goods, resolving discrepancies, posting reports responding appropriately to incoming calls and emails from clients. Working with our digital assets to include ordering, implementation and fulfillment of online advertising campaigns. Working with traffic operations on programming, commercial placement and break structures.
30% – Working with Promotions and Marketing on placement of inventory and paperwork maintaining and updating sales support material, physical files, and our station share drive providing back up support for other Sales Assistants and Copy Assistants and Receptionist when needed.
30% – Pulling reports as needed preparing multimedia presentations and supporting documents
coordinating sales project merchandising and promotional support occasionally participating in outside sales functions / presentations being a positive and professional representative of KCTV, KSMO, KCTV5.com and our multiple advertising platforms.
High School Graduate or equivalent; College degree preferred
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Dependability and punctuality
• Excellent follow-through and detail orientation
• Knowledge of basic HTML.
• Strong computer skills (proficient in all Microsoft applications including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, as well as manage operational processes and experience with web-based operational systems).
• Previous experience in Wide Orbit, Google DFP and Tap Clicks a plus.
• Can accurately compare and verify information
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; handle multiple duties simultaneously
• Effectively communicate with others (present ideas, facts and technical information clearly)
• Can quickly adjust to changing priorities, goals, procedures and essential duties;
• take initiative; effectively solves problems on your own
• Work with numbers (basic arithmetic including fractions and percentages)
• Good interpersonal skills – can work well with others
We are always on the lookout for bright, creative talent to be part of the Meredith team.
To apply for this job please visit www.meredith.com.