PT Assignment & Web Producer
Website Nexstar Media Group, Inc.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation. Nexstar’s platform delivers exceptional local content and network programming to inform and entertain viewers, while providing premium, scalable local advertising opportunities for advertisers and brands across all screens and devices. Learn more at www.Nexstar.tv.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The Assignment & Web Producer will produce and distribute content elements across several media platforms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Produce, organize, write, and edit content for newscast
• Collaborate with news producers and managers to conceptualize, produce and present content on multiple media platforms
• Regularly confer with other team members to pick strongest editorial piece produced daily and optimize those articles for the web sites
• Own the editorial and creative development and coverage of assigned stories across multiple platforms, including but not limited to broadcast, digital and web.
One year minimum experience in newsgathering and/or production
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications/Journalism or related degree required
• One year minimum experience in newsgathering and/or production
• Experience writing, producing and editing on a desktop editing system
• Knowledge and understanding of various media platforms
• Basic understanding and demonstration of multi-media file formats and strong computer skills
• Understand the importance of social media
Stations: KOZL-TV, KRBK, KOLR10
Apply Online URL:
Job Req #:
Nexstar Jobs Site:
***** EOE/MINORITIES/FEMALES/VETERANS/DISABLED *****