Job Summary | Major goals and objectives.
The Producer creates, coordinates and executes all newscasts. This position writes scripts for broadcast, digital content platforms, participates in daily editorial meetings and presents story ideas. The Producer develops the day-to-day on-air look of the newscast to attract the largest available audience to the station’s profitable newscasts. In addition, this position plays a key role in creating the show’s vision based on goals set by news management. The successful Producer’s work is performed for all media platforms and initiatives, including for example: on-air, web, digital, and social media.
Essential Job Functions
15% Content creation – coordinates story development w/reporter and desk.
15% Show production – creates production elements, show/story flow.
20% Writing – writes minipaks, intros, VOs and VO/SOTs.
15% Booth producing – coordinates live elements with crew and news team.
15% Story review/production – oversees script review, reporter storytelling and direction.
20% Assignment and news gathering-ability to rapidly assign and dispatch news crews and call/review outside sourcesand agencies to gather facts for on-air and on-line reporting.
Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism, Communications or related field, or equivalent training and/or experience.
Minimum two years producing or production support experience for a television or cable station.
Experience with Edius, Internet production tools, MSOffice and Wide Orbit strongly preferred.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively communicate with reporters, photographers, assignment editors and production staff to create an aggressive, fast-paced newscast.
- Must be a self starter with ability to follow through on projects until completion.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to make quick decisions without losing composure.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Newscast producing, show writing, i-news experience preferred
- In depth understanding of the news business.
KMOV St. Louis is a Meredith Corporation TV station.
We are always on the lookout for bright, creative talent to be part of the Meredith team.
Visit us today at:
To apply for this job please visit www.meredith.com.