On-Air Talent/ Producer
Website Gray Television
Title: On-Air Talent/ Producer
Reports To: Marketing Director
Location: KY3/KSPR, Springfield, MO
Deadline to apply: January 22, 2020
Position Summary: Are you passionate about creating content that breaks the news story mold? Do you love food, travel, and the weekend lifestyle? Can you find amazing places and people in our area? And create engaging stories that present non-traditional revenue opportunities? If so, we want you to join our team!
KY3, the #1 content brand in Springfield, is looking for a creative storyteller to work with the Creative Director to conceptualize, produce and create content for a new daily 30-minute lifestyle show at KY3. The ideal candidate will be quick-thinking, creative and multi-talented with the ability to produce multiple pieces daily; splitting their time between writing, producing, shooting, and editing content that engages and produces results across multiple platforms.
- Must be able to shoot, write, edit, and all other functions in video/on-air production
- Must have an engaging and energetic personality that can ad-lib or read from a script well on-air.
- Should be an energetic, strategic thinker
- Highly motivated self-starter that can work with a team or independently to produce a variety of creative assets for our broadcast and digital assets.
- Must be able to work with the sales team to develop new revenue opportunities for expanding broadcast and digital properties.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Film/Video, Journalism, or another related field preferred
- Must provide a creative reel demonstrating advanced knowledge of video production
- Must be familiar with Adobe Suite
- Use of Social Media (Facebook/Twitter/Snapchat/Instagram) a plus
- Must be willing to train
- Requires sitting 50% of the time and standing or walking 50% of the time, and some driving
- Ability to carry, shoot and edit video with digital cameras
- Outdoor work in all weather conditions is to be expected in this position
- Must have the ability to lift and carry a minimum of 50 pounds
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to stand, walk, talk, hear, use hands and fingers, reach, grab, handle or feel, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. Regularly sit, talk, and hear.
- Some nights, overnights, weekends and holidays may be required
To Apply: Send your application, resume, and link to your latest resume tape to:
999 W. Sunshine
Springfield, MO 65807
Or apply online at www.gray.tv/applynow
KY3/KSPR is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
All job offers are contingent upon passing a pre-employment drug screen and an acceptable driving record for driving positions.
This job description does not necessarily contain all of the actual or essential duties of this position.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org