On-Air Talent and Music Director
Website Hubbard Radio
New Country 92.3 WIL FM – St. Louis Full Time PM Drive On-Air and Music Director #20-1124
This position creates and performs live broadcasts that are entertaining and informative, projects the Company’s desired on-air image, and achieves maximum audience acceptance and ratings. This position will also act as the Music Director to assist the Program Director with executing a strategic vision; and assist with scheduling music, analyzing and implementing music research.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Familiarity with the Country music format.
- Create and deliver compelling on-air content.
- Savvy in the use of digital platforms to engage audience; Prepare online blogs and similar social media activities on behalf of the Stations
- Plan, prepare and deliver live and recorded program content for station in an entertaining and professional manner in a style consistent with the appropriate station format.
- Prepare and create a topical show by gathering information from news flashes, wire copy, periodicals, computer, web and television.
- Interview guests and other famous or public personalities, as well as moderating panels or discussion shows, answer phone lines and interview members of listening audience.
- Write and read or ad-lib segments to identify station, announce station breaks, commercials, etc.
- Ensure that contests and promotions are conducted in compliance with FCC regulations, as well as federal and state laws.
- Follow and enforce FCC regulations, station and company polices, including implementing station’s/state’s EAS procedures.
- Promote the Company and clients of the Company by planning and attending in-person appearances such as community events, including hosting and assisting at charity functions and remote broadcasts.
- Maintain positive relationships with national & local community.
- Work closely with Program Director to develop programming and products needed to achieve revenue budgets
- Help to ensure execution of policies, goals and action plans are enacted by communicating to appropriate individuals. Held accountable for results.
- Assist the Program Director with setting programming, operational policy and strategic mission for radio station.
- Help manage stations part-time air staff.
- Schedule music using Music Master or Selector.
- Ability to create solid relationships with record labels.
- Coordinate and implement music-testing, research with analysis.
- Provide 24/7 support for any programming questions or issues from management and Broadcast Operations Technicians.
- Ability to produce station imaging occasionally is a plus.
- Ability to read, write and speak English well. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Minimum 2 years on-air radio experience and a minimum 2 years’ experience as a music director.
- Must have proven, demonstrable ratings success and possess impeccable references.
- Ability and willingness to be coached and directed by Program Director or Consultant.
- Proven ability to function effectively under deadlines and in high-pressure situations.
- Operating knowledge of Music Master or Selector
- Thorough understanding of FCC guidelines regarding compliance with rules including indecency, profanity, payola/plugola, and contesting.
- Exercise discretion and good judgment.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with diverse groups of individuals.
- Quick and clear thinking with ability to deal with unexpected changes calmly.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to work in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Ability to function in a team environment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record as determined by the Company.
- Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Manual dexterity and fine motor skills to manipulate computer keys and board controls as well as general office equipment (telephone, copier, etc.) for extended periods of time.
- Wear headsets and be confined to a specific space during the course of work.
- Sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Average pushing and pulling, bending, stooping and reaching overhead.
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. The Company will make reasonable physical accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions.
The Company may make reasonable accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions.
The collective bargaining unit of Sag-Aftra will cover this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
*QUALIFIED CANDIDATES ARE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE A COVER LETTER, AN AIR-CHECK, AND SOCIAL MEDIA EXAMPLES VIA URL LINK WITH APPLICATION.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.adp.com.