News Technology Manager 009714
KSDK, TEGNA’s NBC affiliate in St. Louis, Missouri, is searching for a News Technology Manager. The News Technology Manager will be well-versed in cutting edge news-gathering technology and have extensive knowledge of production workflows and techniques, which will be shared with staff. You must be a forward-thinking, hands-on manager with strong leadership skills and the ability to troubleshoot various technical and operational issues. The News Technology Manager works with all departments and serves as the technical liaison between the newsroom, IT, marketing and engineering. You have the chance to make this job your own, as this is a newly created role.
• Be “the source” for all news technology i.e. ENPS, BitCentral, Newsticker
• Implements new news systems and onboarding for teams
• Works with news management on overall production look and techniques to achieve quality production in studio and in the field. Monitors broadcasts to ensure that programs conform to station quality standards, policies and regulations
• Responsible for planning technical requirements for all special events, like elections, and/or daily news needs. This includes site surveys, logistics, resource allocation, plan development and overseeing execution of plan with news management, etc.
• Troubleshoots on-air mistakes by working with various managers and employees to determine source of operational/technical problem and then takes necessary action to correct mistake from re-occurring.
• Participates in establishing newsroom operational policies and procedures.
• Trainer for desktop editing software, i.e. Adobe Premiere, Edius, PhotoShop etc.
• Interacts with producers and assignment desk staff to resolve problems both in the field and within the newsroom.
• Remains knowledgeable on current events and offers input into coverage plans.
• Evaluates new technology and make recommendations to Director of Content.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university or equivalent experience in broadcast industry in a lead technical position.
The News Technology Manager will have a minimum of five years of hands-on technical experience. The ideal candidate brings prior newsroom experience, an innovative mindset and understands the urgency of the news cycle. This position requires a broad range of knowledge of various broadcast equipment and technology. We need a technical-minded person who also has strong leadership skills and can translate technical information to non-technical personnel.
The News Technology Manager will have excellent organization skills and strong leadership qualities. Demonstrated track record of fostering harmonious relationships with peers and superiors, a must. Familiarity with St. Louis area, a plus.
Apply Online URL:
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER