KMOX has an immediate opening for a News Reporter (Full-Time).
Req ID#: 31858
Job Title: News Reporter (Full-Time)
Job Description/Requisition Details:
KMOX-AM is looking for a captivating storyteller to join our award winning news team. You must have great interview and writing skills with a strong on-air delivery. Applicants must be able to work flexible schedules including early morning hours and weekends with the ability to report live from the scene.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
Producing and recording news segments for all-news station.
Gathering, writing, recording, editing and delivering news content inclusive of providing live coverage when breaking news occurs.
Interviewing news makers.
Writing scripts and ad-libbing material for stories.
Development and research of potential news stories.
Protecting the station’s FCC license.
Making station appearances as required.
Contribute content and write stories for the KMOX Website
Use social media to connect with listeners and highlight station content
Other duties as required by management.
- Proficiency in editing and packaging news sound and interviews
- Valid state driver’s license and appropriate insurance.
- Knowledge of the broadcast area and station demographics is essential
- 4 year degree in journalism preferred.
- 2+ years anchoring or reporting news for broadcast media preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and general computer skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
Please visit our web site at https://entercom.avature.net/careers/JobDetail?id=14552 to apply.
Entercom St. Louis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.