Multimedia Journalist, MMJ
Website Meredith Corporation
KMOV has an immediate opening for a Multimedia Journalist.
The KMOV Multi Media Journalist (MMJ) enterprises, researches, writes, shoots, edits and presents news for News 4 newscasts. The position collaborates with the assignment desk, producers and managers on story development and story execution. Must be able to execute an aggressive, hard news advocacy brand in a reporter-driver newsroom. The MMJ also contributes their work to all media platforms and initiatives, including for example: on-air, web, digital, and social media.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
50% – writes, reports, shoots and edits video stories from concept to finish; contributes copy stories to newscasts and digital platforms. Performs live reports on a daily basis.
25% – Maintain an assigned content beat to generate story ideas and breaking news tips. This is an integral part of the News 4 Watching Out for You brand.
15% – Provides daily story notes outlining ideas for future stories. Passes along facts and contacts for ongoing story checks. Provides progress reports on story checks. Shares information relating to up coming events, meetings or story developments.
10% – Serves as community ambassador for KMOV. Responds to concerns of viewers. Makes pesonal appearances on behalf of the station. Attends station sponsored promotion events as scheduled.
At least two years experience in broadcast journalism. Experiencing reporting (MMJ) news at a commercial television station.
Bachelor’s degree in broadcast Journalism, Communications or related field, or equivalent training and/or experience.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and and Abilities:
- Must possess advanced understanding of legal and ethical issues impacting journalism. Ability to combine words and pictures into informative and interesting news stories.
- Advanced knowledge of the locale, governing bodies, demographics and public figures.
- Ability to edit stories as necessary.
- Ability to perform quality work in high pressure deadline situations.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess valid Driver’s License.
KMOV IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We are always on the lookout for bright, creative talent to be part of the Meredith team.
Visit us today at:
To apply for this job please visit www.meredith.com.