Multimedia Journalist-Branson Office
Website Nexstar Media Group
KOZL-TV, KRBK, KOLR10
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 197 full power stations (including partner stations) in 115 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation. Nexstar’s platform delivers exceptional local content and network programming to inform and entertain viewers, while providing premium, scalable local advertising opportunities for advertisers and brands across all screens and devices. Learn more at www.Nexstar.tv.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The News Anchor Reporter serves as the primary presenter of news stories and other content for our Branson News Bureau for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Produce content for multiple platforms, including TV, internet, mobile, etc.
- Work with management to enterprise and develop stories daily
- Demonstrate compelling storytelling using dynamic live shots and stand-ups, creative graphics, and use of digital and social media platforms
- Organize material, determine angle or emphasis, and write story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards
- Gather and verify information regarding stories through interview, observation and research
- Build network of sources who supply information that allows the Company to stay ahead of its competitors
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned
- Position in based in our Branson, MO News Bureau office/studio
Three (3) years television anchoring or reporting experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication/Journalism or related degree required (equivalent years of experience may substitute for education)
- Three (3) years television anchoring or reporting experience required
- Strong reporting skills
- Understand the importance of social media
- Excellent reading, writing, spelling, grammar and organizational skills
- Promotes teamwork and maintains attitude of cooperation with all station personnel
- Operate newsroom computer system
Stations: KOZL-TV, KRBK, KOLR10
Job Req #:
To apply for this job please visit nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.