Multi-Skilled Journalist / Anchor 009713
KSDK (NBC), Five on Your Side in St. Louis, is looking for an experienced multi-skilled journalist with newscast anchoring skills to help maintain our tradition of superior reporting and breaking newsgathering. If you’re a creative storyteller who understands true multi-platform journalism and who is not bound by the methods of traditional TV news – we want to hear from you!
• Ability to identify, write and produce stories within a specific timeframe.
• Research for facts and credibility.
• Maintain and develop sources who will help bring our reporting to the next level.
• Shoot, write, produce and edit on air and online content within deadlines.
• Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories
• Use social media and digital tools to research, discover and distribute content.
• Attend editorial meetings and offer story ideas daily.
• Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
• College degree in journalism or related field
• Minimum 8 years’ reporting experience, preferred.
• Minimum 2 years’ anchoring experience, preferred.
• Must possess solid news judgment, display strong creativity, and have ethical decision-making skills.
• Ability as an engaging communicator on the anchor desk and live in the field.
• Strong writing skills, production skills and tease writing abilities.
• ENPS and Edius experience, preferred. Adobe knowledge, a plus.
• Must be organized with the ability to work under constant deadlines.
• Must be able to calmly handle live breaking news situations and changing events.
• Proven social and digital content creation ability.
• Knowledge of St. Louis area and/or reason to relocate here, a plus
Apply Online URL:
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER