Local Sales Manager
Local Sales Manager KCTV5
The Local Sales Manager leads a team of Account Executives responsible for achieving station revenue goals. This position trains Account Executives, manages and motivates sales staff and negotiates buys to help maximize revenue. The Local Sales Manager oversees new business development for designated team and develops/executes marketing and internet campaigns for sales staff to ensure revenue goals are met. This position utilizes all sales platforms including broadcast television, digital media and print.
Essential Job Functions
25% – Leads a team of local Account Executives that identify and prospect business development opportunities (both with new advertisers and existing accounts). Sets appointments with key decision makers and conducts marketing needs analysis. Develops and presents custom marketing integration solutions for prospective clients. Oversees fulfillment of all aspects of multimedia campaigns for clients. Cultivates, evaluates and negotiates strategic marketing partnership agreements that grow revenue. Maintains and builds relationships with key decision makers at agencies and clients.
25% – Provides daily management and supervision for a team of approximately 5-6 employees. Recruits, trains, challenges and motivates employees. Provides training and development for existing employees. Administers corrective action (as needed). Manages performance to ensure short-term and long-term business objectives are achieved including rewards and recognition to enhance engagement.
25% – Plans, creates and manages systems contributing to a comprehensive and aggressive track for revenue growth.
15% – Works with the Digital Sales Manager as a partner to explore new business (direct) revenue streams that incorporate all platforms.
10% – Works with sales management team and General Manager to create and implement long term revenue- generating strategic opportunities.
Five plus years of local television sales, digital platform or related experience. Previous broadcast sales management experience preferred with a proven track record of successfully managing a sales team. Sales experience including a proven track record of creating and implementing Developmental revenue programs.
Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field, or equivalent training and/or experience.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Excellent organization, written, verbal and presentation skills.
· Proven ability to manage people and situations as a leader, an equal and a collaborator.
· Ability to work effectively with all departments including sales, business, marketing, traffic, and news departments.
· Strong teamwork skills, work ethic, and ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment.
· Ability to present to high level executives and senior management of potential partners.
· Strong familiarity with consultative sales approaches to new business development.
· Drive and influence for creation of value to new and non-traditional advertisers.
· Strong negotiation and time management skills.
· Ability to remain abreast of competitors and industry trends.
· Knowledge of Wide Orbit, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and WOMS.
· A strong command of sales tools and resources and an entrepreneurial approach to revenue generation.
· Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively and build sustainable relationships with internal and external customers.
· Strong knowledge of sports such as NFL and NCAA preferred.
· Knowledge of the Kansas City designated market area is preferred.
% Travel Required (Approximate): Limited
We are always on the lookout for bright, creative talent to be part of the Meredith team.
Visit us today at:
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit www.meredith.com.