Website KCUR 89.3 FM
NPR in Kansas City
The Audience Editor is the lead digital journalist for KCUR. This position requires a person who possesses digital journalism skills to develop and deliver the news online in a compelling manner while also engaging readers and listeners across all social and digital platforms. In conjunction with the KCUR newsroom, producers, audience development team and other senior staff, this position is responsible for the creation, curation, editing, and implementation of daily news and information on KCUR.org and its related digital channels, including social media, email and virtual events. This full-time position will report to the Director of Journalism or the Director of Audience Development.
KCUR 89.3 is the NPR affiliate in Kansas City and is an editorially independent community service of the University of Missouri-Kansas City. See www.kcur.org/jobs for the complete job description and information about KCUR and Kansas City. BUT apply as below in “How To Apply.”
Major Responsibilities include:
- Work with senior staff to refine and implement strategy and vision for digital operations audience growth and engagement.
- Edit and produce audience-centered content for KCUR.org to grow audience.
- Write and edit copy, write headlines and work with reporters to frame audience-centered stories for KCUR.org and social media platforms.
- Work with the News Director and Director of Journalism to assess content from a variety of sources to determine where and how it fits into daily coverage and user needs.
- Collaborate with our team of reporters and producers to serve targeted audiences with targeted content on the platforms they prefer.
Minimum Qualifications: A Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience and at least 3 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary
Preferred Qualifications include:
- Two years of digital content creation and web publishing experience in a broadcast or digital newsroom environment.
- Strong writing and copy editing skills with the ability to write for web audiences.
- Proven editorial judgment, with a commitment to balance and fact-based journalism.
- See complete job description for more.
Salary range is $47,476 – $64,000.
How to Apply: Application deadline is February 28, 2021. KCUR 89.3 is the NPR affiliate in Kansas City and is an editorially independent community service of the University of Missouri-Kansas City. Please apply online at UMKC’s website: https://info.umkc.edu/hr/careers/ Select “Staff Positions,” then “View Jobs,” then “View All Jobs.”
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org