Human Resource Director
KMOV, a Meredith Corporation TV station, is searching for a Human Resources Director who will plan, develop, direct and implement station specific HR services in support of business objectives, manage all aspects of the HR function, and serve as a resource for employees and managers.
The Human Resources Director actively participates as a member of the station’s leadership team and provides direction and counsel on all HR matters. This is a hands-on, detail-oriented position with heavy workload/hours.
- 30% – Staffing – Manage and administer the full process for recruiting, hiring, and selection of station employees. Adhere to FCC EEO guidelines and record-keeping. Administer the new hire orientation process and follow-up.
- 20% – Development – Promote and deliver full participation in performance management process, including goal setting, appraisals, coaching and development plans, and retention plans.
- 20% – HR Solutions – Identify and develop solutions to address specific needs; e.g.: compensation/job re-evaluation, organizational function design, training/OD interventions to increase team effectiveness, and improved communication within and across the location.
- 20% – Employee Relations – Provide counsel and direction and/or directly handle employee relations matters – in concert with the Corporate HR and/or Legal department as necessary. Balance employee advocacy role and consultant role with managers in employee relations matters.
- 10% – Programs and Initiatives – Drive multiple station and Corporate programs and initiatives, such as Health & Financial Wellness and Healthy Lifestyle programs to meet participation goals.
Experience actively managing, reviewing and responding to matters relating to EEO, FMLA, ADA, ADEA, HIPAA, and Title VII.
Strong training facilitation preferred.
Experience working with employee records, security and retention, and proper handling of confidential employee information.
HR metrics and performance measurement.
Past supervisory experience preferred.
Experience applying and responding to questions about Compensation and Benefit plans.
Experience working with CBA’s and union relations preferred.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Advanced consulting and negotiation skills.
Good project management and organization skills.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
PC proficiency including HRIS, payroll, MS Office applications, Workday and database management.
Ability to manage multiple projects and shift priorities was customer needs change.
Ability and desire to take on new and unfamiliar tasks and assignments.
Must be an effective leader with the ability to create effective change.
Ability to work on teams as well as independently.
Must have proven judgment and problem solving skills.
Ability to deliver results in a consultative and collaborative manner.
Travel Required (Approximate): 5%
Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field, or equivalent training and/or experience.
Experience: Five years of HR Generalist experience required. Two to three years solid working knowledge and experience with state and federal laws affecting employment, discipline and termination. Union relations experience preferred.
We are always on the lookout for bright, creative talent to be part of the Meredith team.
Visit us today at:
To apply for this job please visit meredith.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.