Head of Technology & Operations
Website TEGNA, Inc.
KSDK-TV, the TEGNA-owned NBC affiliate in St. Louis, MO. has an immediate opening for an experienced, versatile Head of Technology and Operations. This position will report directly to the Regional Head of Technology and Operations.
This position is responsible for (including but not limited to):
- Managing short-and-long term technology strategy
- Day-to-day operations including equipment integration, maintenance for the core infrastructure, studios, control rooms, facility, post-production, and transmission for all live programming
- Oversee compliance of FCC rules and regulations
- Manage compliance of critical security policies, including Account, Password Security, Vulnerability Protection, Virus Protection, Untrusted Network, and IT Incident Reporting policies.
- Manage Business Continuity and Disaster Contingency plans
- Maintain financial responsibility for the Engineering and Production Departments including – expense budgeting, approvals, and reviews
- Monitors and creatively scrutinizes daily on-air technical quality
- Leads workflow improvements for both on-air and online products
- Manages vendor contracts including technology, building maintenance, security, coffee/snack vending, and janitorial services
- Leads capital planning and submission process for station
- Leads project planning and project management for station wide initiatives
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
Strong customer service skills and unfailing professionalism. Demonstrate impeccable written and verbal communication and presentation skills for both technical and non-technical audiences.
Demonstrated strong leadership with a focus on team management
Understanding of IT processes including security, workflow, and management
In-depth knowledge of broadcast technologies including; ENPS Newsroom Systems, Sony ELC automation, RF Transmission, Broadcast Switchers, Router Systems, Field Cameras, Signal Path Workflows.
Demonstrated strong project management experience.
Ability to work well and make quick decisions under pressure.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of experience and education and a minimum of five years’ experience in a broadcast operations/technology management role.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule in support of a 24x7x365 operation.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 49 television stations and two radio stations in 41 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and approximately 30 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry’s top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA also delivers innovative and unparalleled solutions for advertisers through TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS). TMS is a one-stop shop that helps businesses thrive through an unmatched suite of services and solutions that reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
Apply Online URL:
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs.net.