Executive Producer – Show Me St. Louis
5 On Your Side seeks a creative leader for its weekday lifestyle/sales friendly show, Show Me St. Louis. As Executive Producer you are the conductor of a 3-screen experience driving great content that celebrates the people, places and traditions that makes St. Louis a great place to live. The Executive Producer must be a positive leader, able to coordinate projects and assignments between multiple departments (News, Sales, Programming and Marketing) and be able to make quick and sound editorial decisions. You will work closely with the show producers and host to ensure that we have the best segments (paid and unpaid), live shots, story showcasing and user-generated content in the market.
- Deciding which segments, guests and stories are of most interest to our audience, both broadcast and digital consumers.
- Work closely with sales to ensure a great customer experience, seamless coordination and exceptional packages that deliver results for our clients.
- Manages the daily performance of team; supports producers by providing editorial skills, copy editing, and creative production and storytelling skills.
- Prioritize guest segments, stories and strategic show development efforts.
- Communicates best practices effectively and professionally with the show’s team.
- Assist in the supervision of station’s digital content pages.
- Edits video for broadcast as well as online use when needed.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, communications, or related field of equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- At least two years of experience producing broadcast news or lifestyle show
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) with both coworkers and the public.
- Proficiency with computers, tablets and mobile digital devices.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 47 television stations and two radio stations in 39 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and approximately 35 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry’s top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA delivers results for advertisers through unparalleled and innovative solutions including OTT local advertising network Premion, centralized marketing resource Hatch, and G/O Digital, a one-stop shop for local businesses to connect with consumers through digital marketing. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
Apply Online URL:
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs.net.