Digital Promotions Assistant
Website Nexstar Media Group
KOZL Z27, KRBK Ozarks FOX, KOLR10
Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the largest TV station operator in the country. With the reach of 174 television stations in 100 markets addressing nearly 38.7% of US television households, and a diversified, growing digital media operation. Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the parent company of Nexstar Broadcasting Group, Inc. & Nexstar Digital LLC. Learn more at www.nexstar.tv.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The Digital Promotions Assistant works within the established department guidelines to carry out the objectives of the department. The Digital Promotions Assistant will produce and distribute content elements across several media platforms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Produce, organize, write, and edit content for newscast
- Collaborate with news producers and managers to conceptualize, produce and present content on multiple media platforms
- Regularly confer with other team members to pick strongest editorial piece produced daily and optimize those articles for the web sites
- Own the editorial and creative development and coverage of assigned stories across multiple platforms, including but not limited to broadcast, digital and web
One-year minimum experience in newsgathering and/or production
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications/Journalism or related degree required
- One-year minimum experience in newsgathering and/or production
- Experience writing, producing and editing on a desktop editing system
- Knowledge and understanding of various media platforms
- Basic understanding and demonstration of multi-media file formats and strong computer skills
- Understand the importance of social media
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Digital Promotions Assistant must be able to stand, sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Assignment & Producer must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 40 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
Stations: KOZL Z27, KRBK Ozarks FOX, KOLR10
Job Req #:
To apply for this job please visit nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.