Digital Content Producer
KSDK - 5 On Your Side
5 On Your Side has an excellent opportunity for a cutting-edge journalist to explore and innovate as a Digital Content Producer while learning to embrace our standard of news reporting, storytelling and investigative excellence while boldly advancing the 5 OYS brand across multiple platforms.
- You’ll be part of the 5 On Your Side digital team and help produce ksdk.com, the KSDK app and KSDK social media.
- You’ll use your nose for news and interest in local happenings to create engaging content for all platforms.
- You’ll spread your creative wings and work on great stories, videos and slideshows to engage our digital audience.
- You’ll help us share the latest digital stories with our TV audience as you report on air from KSDK Content Hub.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Developing, publishing and updating content for ksdk.com, the 5 On Your Side app and our social media platforms.
- Writing and reporting original content on air to highlight social media, digital and news.
- Researching, creating and integrating original and repurposed content, including text, images, video and social media.
- Writing and producing breaking news stories and launching live streams for web and social platforms.
- Participating in news meetings and working with news staff to develop digital content opportunities.
- Understanding and achieving metric goals on Chartbeat, CrowdTangle, Omniture and Google Analytics.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
- The successful candidate will meet or exceed the following requirements:
- College degree in journalism, mass communications or marketing.
- At least two years of professional digital content production experience.
- Solid digital news background with experience covering breaking news.
- Demonstrated ability to engage audience with “clickable” headlines and social media posts.
- Strong understanding of AP Style, including ability to rapidly edit and/or rewrite stories.
- Highly motivated individual with creative and aggressive approach to driving digital results.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task confidently under tight deadlines.
- Experience appearing on air as a news or digital reporter.
- Experience working with a digital content management system.
- Experience with editing in Photoshop and Edius, or Final Cut preferred.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, mornings, evenings, including weekend and holiday shifts.
Qualified journalists should submit the following materials:
- Cover letter telling us about your aspirations as a digital producer and reporter.
- Resume describing how your professional experience and education fits this role.
- Links to examples of your on-air appearances and digital stories you’ve written and produced.
- Links to examples of your work as a digital producer, particularly headlines, social media posts and special projects.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.tegna.com/ →