AM Executive News Producer
Website Meredith Corporation
KCTV, A Meredith Corporation TV Station, is hiring a morning Executive Producer. This exciting opportunity directs a team of reporters, producers, editors, and photographers in the production of news products that are high quality and maintain KCTV’s brand. Serves as member of management team; actively engages in ever-improvement of news product. Participates in projects as assigned by News Director.
Essential Job Functions
40% – Oversees quality control and development of news product for station through a team of producers, newscasters, photographers, editors and live technicians.
30% – Gives script and video approval, brainstorms new story ideas, produces shows as necessary.
20% – Ensure that work performed is for all media platforms and initiatives, including for example: on-air, web, digital and social media.
10% – Develops direct reports to improve performance as needed.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism, Communications or related field, or equivalent training and/or experience.
Experience: Three years experience producing in a broadcast television news environment required. Experience as an executive producer preferred.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Must possess advanced understanding of legal and ethical issues impacting journalism.
· Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to combine words and pictures into informative and interesting news stories.
· Advanced knowledge of the locale, governing bodies, demographics and public figures a plus.
· Ability to edit stories as necessary.
· Strong initiative and self motivation to create news stories.
· Ability to perform quality work in high-pressure deadline situations.
· Able to balance between planning ahead and getting results.
· INEWS experience a plus
· Adapt to flexible schedule
% Travel Required (Approximate): N/A.
We are always on the lookout for bright, creative talent to be part of the Meredith team.
Visit us today at:
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit www.meredith.com.