Website Meredith Corporation
KMOV is a Meredith Corporation Television Station.
The Account Executive solicits new advertisers and increases share of business for existing advertisers. This position assesses the market potential of prospective accounts and meets with local businesses to learn about their marketing needs. The Account Executive achieves assigned revenue goals through the sale of on-air, online and mobile products and services to new and existing clients.
– 2+ years media sales (TV, radio, cable)
– Completion of high school, or equivalent. College degree preferred.
– Retail sales/marketing courses and seminars helpful
Essential Job Functions:
– 40% – Sells advertising time and provides continuing service to advertising agencies and direct accounts. Conveys advertisers marketing needs to sales management, research, production and/or promotion in order to design a presentation which shows how the station can fulfill those needs with a television schedule, internet schedule, commercial concept and/or promotional event. Maintains positive client and station personnel relationships.
– 40% – Utilizes available published information about each assigned or prospective advertiser and their industry in order to approach advertiser and their industry in order to approach advertiser with an educated sensitivity. Makes presentation to advertisers’ key decision makers in written and/or visual form. Manages client-chosen solutions. Provides excellent customer service to clients.
– 10% – Provides management with timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and annual bnudget forecasts. Maintains accurate records of individual list performance. Generates any additional station specific reports as required.
– 5% – Adheres to stations’ credit and collection policies. Assist business office in credit and collection activities as needed.
– 5% Maintains understanding of local market ratings, competitive media, station strengths, industry and product knowledge. Utilizes supplementary market research. Remains updated regarding industry trends through trade publications and marketing seminars.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
– Solid grasp of retail marketing concepts.
– Some knowledge of strengths and weaknesses of competitive media.
– Strong sales skills; ability to create effective sales promotions.
– Good computer skills, good problem solving skills.
– Strong multi-tasking skills, well organized self-starter.
– Adaptable and effective negotiating skills.
– Ability to thrive in a team-oriented, competitive, fast-paced environment.
– Good customer service skills and professional demeanor.
– Understanding of current TV ratings, share trends, psychographic research and programming philosophies helpful but not required.
We are always on the lookout for bright, creative talent to be part of the Meredith team.
Visit us today at: http://www.meredith.com/viewjobopenings
Apply Online URL: http://www.meredith.com/viewjobopenings
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER