The Account Executive for KCTV/KSMO solicits new advertisers and increases share of business for existing advertisers. This position assesses the market potential of prospective accounts and meets with local businesses to learn about their marketing needs. The Account Executive achieves assigned revenue goals through sale of airtime, internet or other products and service to new and existing clients. This position also serves as an important station representative within the local business community.
Minimum two years media sales (TV, radio, cable) background preferred; other business-to-business outside sales considered.
- Completion of high school, or equivalent. College degree preferred.
- Understanding of the internet and social media.
- Understanding of current TV ratings
- Understanding of share trends, research and programming philosophies
- Solid grasp of retail marketing concepts
- Some knowledge of strengths and weaknesses of competitive media
- Strong sales skills; ability to create effective sales promotions
- Good computer skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Adaptable and effective negotiating skills
- Well organized
- Ability to thrive in a team-oriented, competitive, fast-paced environment
- Good customer service skills and professional demeanor
- Self starter
We are always on the lookout for bright, creative talent to be part of the Meredith team.
Visit us today at:
To apply for this job please visit www.meredith.com.