Leading A Local Newsroom Through Uncertain Times
July 27 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
TWO DAYS! July 27th & 28th, 11:00 Am – 12:00 pm
Course learning outcomes
Poynter’s Al Tompkins, senior faculty for broadcast and online, will help news directors and producers not just manage, but lead their team through this crisis and the next.
In session one, members will learn:
- What leaders need to know about how to manage stress and trauma in their newsroom
- How to communicate with your staff and send the right signals to your boss(es)
In session two, members will learn:
- How to lead Gen X, Gen Z, Millennials and Baby Boomers all in the same newsroom
- How to coach others to higher performance
- How to have tough conversations that produce results
Who should take this course?
This two-day course is perfect for local broadcast news directors (radio/TV), assistant news directors, executive producers or producers who are growing into leadership and management roles.
- To enroll, click here for Leading A Local Newsroom Through Uncertain Times and select “Add to Cart”.
- When one or both courses (Power Up Your Reporting) are in your cart, enter coupon code 20-SBA-MO-100 and click “Apply.”
- The coupon will deduct 100% off the price of both courses.
- Continue to the check out screen where you will login with your existing poynter.org account or enter your details to register for a new poynter.org account.
This training is valued at $500 per course, but is free to members of Missouri Broadcasters Association.