The MBA Scholarship Fund was established to financially aid Missouri broadcast students in attaining training and expertise required to become valuable employees in the broadcasting industry.
Recent graduate and Missouri broadcaster Felicia Foster, told us about her experience in this letter:
We are honored and thrilled to be able to support Felicia and students just like her, who will carry the future of the broadcast industry to even greater heights. We offer scholarships to multiple students each year, and encourage applications as early as possible before the deadline of March 31.
Interested Students: You must submit your application through a radio or television station who are members of the Missouri Broadcasters Association. Call the MBA office for questions or help with the application process.
- Must be a Missouri resident.
- Must be currently attending a Missouri college, university or accredited tech/trade school or be a graduating high school senior who has been admitted to a Missouri institution of higher learning.
- Must be enrolled or planning to enroll in a broadcast or related curriculum, which provides training and expertise applicable to a broadcast operation.
- Must be a full-time student for every semester the scholarship is awarded. Full-time status requires enrollment in at least 12 credit hours.
- Must have a GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent, which must be maintained for each semester of the scholarship.
- A completed application.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Essay (three pages, typed, single spaced). Please see the application for subjects that must be addressed.
- Applicants must submit their completed application form and all attachments to a single participating MBA member station in their home area. Only one application will be accepted per student per year.
Each participating radio or television station will select the top applicant from those received and submit their candidate to the MBA Scholarship Committee for consideration. The committee will review the qualifications of candidates from throughout the state in order to narrow the field of scholarship candidates. The selection committee will use the following information during its evaluation process:
- The applicant’s curriculum and career goals.
- Clarity of thought and expression.
- Letters of recommendation.
- Community involvement and extracurricular activities.
- Financial need. (While not a primary consideration, applicants should provide information as to how their education is funded.)
The annual deadline for application is March 31st. Recipients will receive notification of their award no later than June 30th.
Multiple awards may be assigned each year and the amount of the scholarship will vary. This is a renewable scholarship, provided qualification standards are maintained. Recipients wishing to renew their scholarship must reapply each academic year through their area member station.
Members of the Missouri Broadcasters Association support equal opportunity in education and employment.
Click here to print the application, or download and fill out the interactive one below and email it to Terry email@example.com or Rachael firstname.lastname@example.org:MBA Foundation Scholarship Application Interactive