St. Louis Public Radio (STLPR) seeks a part-time/on-call announcer to join the station in its mission to inform and provide a deeper understanding and appreciation of events, ideas and cultures for a more inspired and engaged public. We’re looking for someone who wants to share their authentic voice with STLPR listeners, and who can do so with demonstrated preparation, precision and sincerity.
Typical duties of part-time/on-call announcers include:
– Announcing information on-air during breaks in programming on KWMU 90.7 FM, i.e. weather reports and timely emergency alerts, identify stations by giving call letters and frequency, program and station event promos;
– Reading underwriting copy at specified times during broadcast or record underwriting copy for future use;
– Operating broadcast console, EAS (Emergency Broadcast) equipment and related radio production work;
– Participating in station development and promotional functions like membership drives;
– Performing related duties as assigned.
On-air broadcast experience is strongly preferred for these positions. Attention to detail, diligence in pronunciation and willingness to prepare copy, practice for on-air reading and a high-level commitment to quality delivery and accuracy are vital for success in a broadcast announcer role.
– Voice tracking experience
– Preparation of copy for on-air breaks
– Writing skills
– Familiarity with FCC requirements for legal IDs