Zimmer Marketing is looking to add to its growing web development department.
We thrive in an innovative environment. The ideal candidate will be able to work in a fast-paced setting and see projects through to completion. We’re looking for coachable individuals who can receive guidance then work independently. Note, remote work is an option for this role.
Zimmer Marketing is a growing, family-owned media business in Joplin, Missouri. We have the most-consumed media properties in the 4-States reaching over 380,000 people every month. Plus, we have a growing digital department that serves the local business community by building and hosting websites, delivering targeted display campaigns, creating social media campaigns, offering graphic and logo design services, delivering video production, and more.
• Experience with WordPress, Basecamp and G Suite preferred, though not required
• Bachelor degree preferred, though not required
• Substantial communication skills
Writing requires a wide range of abilities and knowledge, including:
• Understanding grammar rules and how to construct clear sentences
• Being mindful of things like flow, readability, and sentence variety
• Ability to communicate well with technical and non-technical colleagues
• Computer literacy, as content writers use computers to create projects and to communicate with their team
• An understanding of search engine optimization best practices
• The ability to cooperate with other writers and editors to complete projects
• The ability to give feedback on writing projects
Content Writers are responsible for style and format consistency across all projects and communicating with other team members to create the best content possible. Other duties and responsibilities include:
• Completing writing projects, meeting deadlines and following content requirements in terms of style and project specifications
• Revising content whenever customers or clients request changes
• Helping create style guides or suggesting changes to ensure content is consistent and clear • Working with customers to define their content needs
• Conducting research on any given topic
• Publishing content on social media platforms and client websites
• Practice continual improvement
• Ability to work in a collaborative environment
• Ability to take direction then work independently and see a projection to completion
• Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
• Must be a team player with a good attitude
• Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
• Possess attention to detail
• Must be a self-starter
Content Writers create written material for websites and other types of media. They must adhere to specific style guides and any content requirements that a company may have.
Content Writers play an essential role in search engine optimization, which drives web traffic and sales, and they’re responsible for explaining topics in a clear, actionable way.
• Salaried (compensation is based on experience)
• Excellent benefits including a 401K, medical packages including optional dental and vision.
• Vacation time: One week after a year, two weeks after two years and three weeks after seven years.
• 6 paid holidays and one floating holiday per year.
• Five illness days
• Ongoing training opportunities
We believe in service to the community and encourage our employees to volunteer in improving the community. Each year Zimmer Marketing helps area charities with fundraising efforts including St. Jude, Honor Flight of The Ozarks, American Red Cross, Water Gardens, Special Olympics, Big Brothers & Big Sisters, Bright Futures, Heartland K9’s For Veterans, Christmas of Hope, Compass Quest Veteran Services, Firefighters Christmas for Kids, the MDA, and area Humane Societies throughout the 4-State Area.
Learn more about us:
Zimmer Marketing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.