Seeking a dynamic leader responsible for developing and executing creative plans to generate New Business and grow revenue from existing accounts on all platforms including spot TV, digital and mobile. The ideal leader will thrive in an Innovative Sales environment and build a team that will deliver results a vibrant market. The KBSI23 Director of Sales will join a team of energetic Department Heads dedicated to achieving results in a synergistic environment.
- Recruit, develop and lead the KBSI23 Sales Department
- Responsible to meeting and exceeding Sales Department revenue goals
- Determine the Strategic direction of the Sales department with the ability to effectively communicate and implement innovative plans and processes
- Drive New Local Direct Business on KBSI23, KBSI23.com and other digital platforms
- Strategize with the Local and National Sales Teams to increase revenue and share from transactional accounts
- Manage Sales on KBSI23.com and all digital extension products
- Control and price inventory to meet and exceed budget goals
- Effectively forecast and budget the TV spot and digital revenue on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Collaborate with others on ratings estimates and projections
- Interface with Katz TV on all matters related to National Revenue
- Travel on a regular basis and attend sales related functions after business hours
- Communicate effectively with the General Manager on all sales related activities
- Preferred five or more years of television sales management including both Local and National Sales
- Must have experience managing digital media
- Candidates must be proficient in strategic and tactical thinking
- Must be able to develop creative solutions to generate revenue outside of traditional sources
- Candidates must have strong analytical, leadership, planning and budgeting skills
- Experience managing inventory and controlling pricing is preferred
- Must be able to work under pressure and prioritize goals for the department and station
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, NSI, ComScore, Wide Orbit and Matrix
Standard Media Group-SMG is an innovative media company serving our communities through breaking news, impactful investigative reporting, and innovative multi-screen marketing services.
Please send resume and cover letter stating referral source to: email@example.com.
Please denote how you became aware of this position in your response.
No phone calls please. Standard Media Group-SMG is an equal opportunity employer.
806 Enterprise Street
Cape Girardeau, MO 63703
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER