WDAF-TV Fox 4 Kansas City is seeking a Newscast Director. The Newscast Director is responsible for facilitating the overall look and presentation of news production.
- Multi-tasking and detailed oriented leader
- Accountable for interfacing and communicating all technical and staging requirements between producers and production crew.
- Collaborate with producers to facilitate production elements, including music, graphics, lighting, camera-blocking, guest interactions, set furnishings, and all other related presentation elements.
- Communicates all necessary instructions to production crew before and during newscasts.
- Generate daily Production Reports detailing technical and operational notes from newscasts.
- Follow up and reconcile technical and operational issues related to daily production processes.
- Call direct daily newscasts and other original productions, including post sports shows, special events, webcasts, and assists in creative services’ productions.
- Utilize Ross Overdrive APC, switcher, and routers while “calling” the shows to the rest of live production positions.
- In addition to these Newscast Director duties, position is also required to run robotic cameras, audio board operations, floor direct, and help keep studio clean on a regular basis.
Prefer five or more years professional experience in television LIVE production and directing.
- Bachelors in Communications, Television or similar degree.
- Television Production Studio and Control Room experience.
- APC operations for at least 6 months (Preferably, Ross Overdrive)
- Excellent organizational and communication skills required.
- Must be an effective leader and able to positively motivate and effectively communicate with producers and production crew.
- Demonstrate excellent judgment and timely decision-making in a dynamic and fluid live news production environment.
- Possess a strong fundamental understanding of news video and audio production equipment technologies.
- Must be able to call direct and have experience on Ross Overdrive or equivalent automated systems.
- Must be willing to learn and adapt to new technologies.
- Possess a working knowledge of NRCS (Preferably, ENPS) , video servers, graphic playout systems (Preferably, Ross Xpression), video routers, switchers (Preferably, Ross Acuity), ENG style cameras, robotic cameras, wireless lav microphones, and audio boards.
- Microsoft Office/ Outlook knowledge also required.
- Ability to work precisely under deadlines and pressure.
- Able to make quick decisions and give accurate instructions to crew during live broadcasts.
- Works well as a member of a team.
- Demonstrates innovative thinking and creativity in all aspects of their responsibilities.
- Must be willing to do other assigned duties when required.
Apply Online URL:
Job Req #: