KBSI FOX 23 and WDKA MyNetwork 49 are seeking a Business Manager to join our team in Cape Girardeau, MO. The Business Manager will play a key role as a member of station leadership, owning or assisting with station operations pertaining to accounting, financial planning & analysis, and HR, as well as interfacing with our corporate parent, Standard Media Group (SMG).
• Own Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable processes, in collaboration with SMG Corporate Finance
• Lead month-end close process, performing customary activities including bank reconciliations
Financial Planning & Analysis
• Own monthly and annual financial planning processes, in close collaboration with station and SMG leadership
• Support General Manager and Department Heads with scheduled/ad-hoc reporting and analysis
• Process payroll weekly including management of time cards for hourly employees
• Assist employees with payroll and HR inquiries/tasks, in collaboration with SMG Corporate HR
• Assist station leadership in the talent acquisition process as required; coordinate orientation for new hires
• Maintain compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity program requirements (e.g. post positions, maintain EEO files)
• Serve as office manager, performing administrative duties such as ordering office supplies and distributing mail
• Perform additional duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree with excellent academic record; concentration in accounting/finance strongly preferred
• 5-8 years of experience in a corporate or startup accounting role; media experience preferred but not required
• Is an analytical problem solver with strong attention to detail, proficiency in Office 365, and advanced MS Excel skills
• Displays a consistently positive attitude and excellent interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills
• Exhibits maturity and integrity, with demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
About Standard Media Group:
Standard Media Group is an innovative and diverse media company committed to serving local communities. Headquartered in Nashville TN, with operations in New York, Rhode Island, Nebraska, and Missouri, Standard Media’s leadership team has a long history of building strong local broadcast and digital media properties. Our future is bright and filled with exciting new opportunities as we maintain our commitment to inform communities, inspire employees, and innovate in an ever-evolving industry.
Standard Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.