KTVO is seeking a dynamic Sports Director with a passion for local high school and college sports. We cover sports in two states and we have one goal: the best local sports coverage in our DMA. This is a hands-on job. The position requires a lot of charisma, planning and hard work. The sports director will spend more time in the community than at a desk.
KTVO ABC/CBS, Kirksville, MO/Ottumwa, Iowa is seeking a Sports Director to lead our sports department. Successful candidate will lead sports journalists committed to covering the hard news of sports. The Sports Director is responsible for organizing and leading a department that produces daily sports content.
• Organize and lead Sports Department
• Gather sports information and report, write and edit content for all platforms
• Assign other sports journalists and organize their work for proper & efficient function of Sports Department
• Cover area sports
• Ability to travel to sporting events
• Ability to produce sports stories and special programs both live and pre-recorded for broadcast and digital platforms
• Report and write sports stories
• Ability to edit video images
• Education: 4 year college degree – journalism preferred
• Prior work experience: 2 years previous television sports anchoring/reporting experience
• ENG Cameras and Recorders
• Video Editing systems
• Digital platforms
• Detail Oriented
• Ability to ad-lib
• Strong writing and communications skills
• Command of English language and grammar
• Strong knowledge of all sports and a view of how they relate to life in the Heartland
• Ability to manage and lead Sports Department
• Be able to work Independently or as a team
• Needs the physical strength and endurance involved with transporting video camera and equipment
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team:
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!