The Production Assistant is responsible for various television production duties required to record scenes for live and recorded broadcasts.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Composes and frames camera shots, applying the technical aspects of light, lenses and camera settings to achieve the effects sought by directors.
• Adjusts positions and controls of cameras to change focus, exposure and lighting as requested by the director.
• Operates studio cameras during live broadcasts.
• Operates remote cameras during live broadcasts.
• Confers with directors and other crew members to discuss sequences, desired effects, camera movements and lighting requirements.
• Sets up cameras and related equipment.
• Tests, cleans, maintains and repairs camera equipment.
• Produces graphics for newscast.
• Creates graphics for newscast.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum one year’s experience with camera operation in a television broadcasting environment.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
• Strong PC/MS Office experience.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Stations: KOZL-TV, KRBK, KOLR10
Job Req #:
Other opportunities with Nexstar:
***** EOE/MINORITIES/FEMALES/VETERANS/DISABLED *****