I. Job Summary | Major goals and objectives.
The Director directs daily newscasts and other on-air or website projects, live or pre-recorded with accuracy and under deadline. This position assists in maintaining the studio, Ignite and Production Control room. The Director will also assist in creating a wide variety of graphics and video editing for multiple newscasts when needed. The Director must operate the crawl and school closings systems. The Director plays a key role in the look and style of the newscast and greatly affects the credibility of the news team. This position runs TelePrompTer and shoots video for the news in the field as requested. The Director also posts content to the web. The Director must work closely with the Producer to bring new and creative elements to the newscasts
II. Essential Job Functions
(Weight %, Accountabilities, Actions and Expected Measurable Results)
– 65% Directs newscasts or other on-air or website projects (live or pre-recorded) with accuracy and under deadline. Works with producers to be creative and bring new elements to the newscasts.
– 15% Assists in maintaining studio, Ignite, Production Control room and other production equipment.
– 15% Operates crawl system, helps make graphics when needed, directs and helps set up Uplinks
– 5% Operates TelePrompTer in the studio or camera for news in the field when needed. Posts content on the website.
– Two years’ experience in news directing
– Experience with broadcast equipment used during the production of live or taped newscasts.
– Experience with an automation system, such as Ignite.
III. Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field, or equivalent training and/or experience.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
– Good computer skills.
– Ability to direct on Ignite
– Ability to adhere to strict deadlines.
– Ability to make highly creative effects
– Ability to perform work with a high degree of accuracy under deadline
– Ability to make decisions under pressure
– Knowledge of television news terminology.
– Knowledge of graphics design is preferred
% Travel Required (Approximate): 10%
We are always on the lookout for bright, creative talent to be part of the Meredith team.
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER