The Senior Correspondent will do research, report, write and voice stories for the Land Line Now radio show. They will produce other features; and help with other projects as needed. This position is on-site in our Grain Valley, Mo., location.
Land Line Now is a national, one-hour, daily news program for the trucking industry produced by OOIDA – the Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association. It is broadcast on Sirius XM Satellite Radio, as well as streaming services Truckers Radio USA and TMC Radio, and on KHIL AM in Wilcox, Ariz.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts interviews for air with regular guests and other sources as needed.
- Gathers possible story topics or pursues stories as assigned.
- Researches, reports, writes and voices news, features or other stories for assigned segments.
- Listens to hearings or other events live or through online web simulcast; gathers sound and information from them.
- Fills in for news anchor when they are absent, including gathering stories, researching and reporting, plus writing and voicing.
- Fills in for host when they are absent, including background work such as in-house notices regarding content and technical work necessary to load the podcast version online.
- Travels to and covers truck shows, public hearings and other remote events as assigned.
- Follows prescribed editorial style and format standards.
- Works with engineers as needed for recording and crafting pieces.
- Answers member calls, provides phone information/help to members as assigned.
- Meets all deadlines as assigned.
- Provides information related to topics covered for management as assigned.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping member information confidential when required.
- Keeps accurate records of time worked and submit timesheets at appropriate times.
- Adheres to all Company safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Works scheduled shifts with predictable and reliable attendance, adhering to department schedule.
- Works weekends and evenings, including more than 8 hours a day when the needs of the business demand.
- Performs various special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in journalism or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Five years experience in field
- Strong reporting, research and writing skills
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is generally performed within an office environment with standard office equipment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, see, stand, walk, sit, and reach.
OOIDA offers an outstanding benefit package, including:
- Medical/Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On-site Fitness Center
- On-site Daycare Center