Purpose: The Sales Account Executive will assist in identifying key accounts for developing new business, and must have a keen sense of the market. Must be able to forecast accurately and maintain excellent client relationships.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related degree is preferred.
• Television and digital sales experience preferred.
• Wide Orbit, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint experience is preferred.
• Sell advertising consistent with station policies and rate guidelines.
• Responsible for the negotiation of rates with local clients.
• Service existing accounts and create special sales opportunities specific to each client.
• Assist in the production of client’s needs and act as a liaison with all departments.
• Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
• Willing to learn all research and utilize in client proposals effectively.
• Prospect new accounts and create sales opportunities specific to each new client.
• Ability to get along with others and maintain effective interdepartmental relationships.
• Some negotiation skills are required.
• Ability to communicate effectively is required.
• Must represent the station with professionalism and integrity.
• Must be highly organized and detail oriented.
• Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving in a manner that will work well with co-workers, supervisors, and customers.
• Sitting 25%, standing/walking 75%. Ability to lift and carry 10 – 25 lbs. for short distances. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to walk, stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk and hear. Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility.
• Work is performed in a controlled atmosphere. Some exposure to atmospheric conditions may be encountered. A majority of time is spent at the station, but some local trips are expected. Client meetings and presentations will necessitate trips away from the station.
• Option to work from home part-time or in-office.
• Must hold a valid Missouri driver’s license and be insurable.
To Apply: www.gray.tv/applynow
KYTV/KSPR is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
All job offers are contingent upon passing a pre-employment drug screen and an acceptable driving record for driving positions.
This job description does not necessarily contain all of the actual or essential duties of this position.