The Graphic Artist is responsible for designing graphics, logos and animations for News, Promotions, and Commercial production as well as some Print design. Also responsible for creating multimedia marketing videos for internal and external clients, including the lifestyle program “The Place”. Position will shoot and edit video. Works with Marketing Director to oversee the station’s visual brand as well as create graphics, animations for image and special report promotion.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Communications or related field or equivalent work experience preferred.
• Work with Marketing Director and News Director to create and maintain the visual brand identity of KY3/KSPR/KYCW.
• Design and implement graphics for multimedia and print applications
• Utilize existing graphic templates to create new elements
• Edit video for broadcast, web, and social media video projects
• Serve as videographer and photographer on location shoots
• Write multimedia promotion and advertising scripts
• Develop station image promotion
• Work with News Department to craft TSR promotion
• Complete daily traffic logs
• Manage assigned network swap programs – CW, ABC & NBC
• Assist in planning and staffing station events
• Responsible for handling multiple projects and assignments with targeted deadlines.
• Experience creating graphics and video effects with Adobe Suite.
• Experience using 3D Studio Max and/or Maxon Cinema 4D helpful.
• Proficient videography and lighting skills.
• Advanced video editing skills.
• Knowledge of social media marketing techniques and analytics.
• Copywriting skills helpful.
• Knowledge of media placement and Wide Orbit software helpful.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and some weekends
• Ability to collaborate and brainstorm with a team as well as work independently with little supervision.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and juggle multiple projects.
• Work well with staff and clients.
• Must be able to represent station publicly in a positive, professional manner.
• Sitting 70%, standing/walking 30%. Ability to lift and carry 10 – 25 lbs. for short distances. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to walk, stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear. Ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to manipulate objects. Ability to see details at close range. Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility.
• Work is performed in a mostly controlled atmosphere. Some exposure to atmospheric conditions may be encountered. A majority of time is spent at KY3, but some field production assistance is occasionally expected. Occasionally evening or weekend work is required.
• Must hold a valid Missouri driver’s license and be insurable.
To Apply: Send your application, resume, and link to your latest resume tape to:
999 W. Sunshine
Springfield, MO 65807
KY3/KSPR is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
All job offers are contingent upon passing a pre-employment drug screen and an acceptable driving record for driving positions.
This job description does not necessarily contain all of the actual or essential duties of this position.