KSDK 5 On Your Side, TEGNA’s NBC affiliate in St. Louis, is seeking a Senior Digital Video
Producer who loves creating video, analyzing metrics, and coaching teammates. We’re looking for a strategic thinker who can design the next iteration of our digital video storytelling strategy, including on our website, YouTube channel, OTT streaming and mobile apps and social media accounts.
You will help create content plans and manage daily live streaming, develop ongoing videofocused projects, spearhead special project initiatives and execute content flow plans. You will develop a customized video strategy for each digital platform.
You will curate the “Watch” page on KSDK.com and KSDK app, as well as KSDK’s YouTube channel, ensure top-performing articles have relevant video, and create content. You are also a writer with experience in copyediting.
This is the perfect opportunity for a candidate who wants to develop their leadership skills as part of a scrappy digital team. This position reports to the Director of Digital Content.
Lead KSDK’s digital video growth strategy, including:
• Monitoring metrics and looking for trends for all KSDK video platforms, including the website, mobile app, OTT, and YouTube
• Updating video best practices for each platform and educating team
• Increasing the output of original digital video content
• Ensuring all video content is packaged perfectly for each platform
• Building short-term and long-term ideation and planning around digital video content
• Leading breaking news video coverage, including live streaming and VOD strategies
• Edit digital video content from internal and external content partners and ensure sophisticated distribution through targeted content marketing
• Shoot and edit high-quality video content that meets KSDK standards
• Help build a robust KSDK YouTube channel and OTT app that meets growth and audience goals
• Write copy for platforms including YouTube, KSDK.com and social media
• Other duties as assigned
• At least three years of experience working with news video
• Ability to work under tight deadlines, reprioritize time and efforts, and pivot quickly
• At least one year of experience coaching team members on best digital video practices
• Advanced knowledge of non-linear video editing software
• Advanced knowledge of camera gear, including live video hardware and software
• Experienced team player with excellent communication skills
• Experience using audience metrics tools to make smart digital programming decisions
• Knowledge of AP style, as well as best headline writing and SEO practices
• Willingness to work non-traditional hours as needed for news coverage, including nights and weekends
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or similar field
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.