KMOV, the CBS affiliate in St. Louis, MO is searching for a producer.
The producer creates, coordinates and executes all newscasts. This position writes scripts for broadcast, digital content platforms, participates in daily editorial meetings and presents story ideas. The producer develops the day-to-day on-air look of the newscast to attract the largest available audience to the station’s profitable newscasts.
In addition, this position plays a key role in creating the show’s vision based on goals set by news management. The successful producer’s work is performed for all media platforms and initiatives, including for example, on-air, web, digital and social media.
Minimum two years producing or production support experience for a television or cable station.
Experience with Edius, internet production tools, MSOffice and Wide Orbit strongly preferred.
Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism, Communications or related field, or equivalent training and/or experience.
Essential Job Functions:
20% – Content creation
20% – Show production
20% – Writing
20% – Booth producing
10% – Fill in on assignment desk
10% – Story review/production
Specific knowledge, skills and abilities:
– Ability to effectively communicate with reporters, photographers, assignment editors and production staff to create an aggressive, fast-paced newscast.
– Must be a self starter with ability to follow through on projects until completion.
– Ability to work a flexible work schedule.
– Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
– Ability to make quick decisions without losing composure.
– Strong verbal and written communication skills.
– Newscast producing, show writing, i-news experience preferred.
– In depth understanding of the news business.
We are always on the lookout for bright, creative talent to be part of the Meredith team. Visit us today at: http://www.meredith.com/viewjobopenings
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER