Meredith is seeking an Account Development Consultant with a winning attitude to work in a competitive, collaborative, and fast-paced marketing environment. Must be able to provide marketable solutions to complex marketing demands. This team-oriented position will be responsible for continually recruiting potential clients, determining marketing needs, and assisting the marketing team by creating and presenting proposals to the prospective clients. This position will be responsible for continually developing new business for strategic team, while meeting and exceeding all revenue goals as set by management
One to two years media sales (TV, radio, cable) experience preferred. Proven track record of sales accomplishments and development of successful sales presentations.
Essential Job Functions:
– 40% – Sells advertising time and provides continuing service to advertising agencies and direct accounts. Assesses the advertising revenue potential of assigned television and non-television accounts. Conveys advertisers’ marketing needs to sales management, research, production and/or promotion in order to design a presentation which shows how the station can fulfill those needs with a television schedule, internet schedule, commercial concept and/or promotional event. Maintains positive client and station personnel relationships.
– 40% – Utilizes available published information about each assigned or prospective advertiser and their industry in order to approach advertiser with an educated sensitivity. Makes presentation to advertisers’ key decision makers in written and/or visual form. Manages client-chosen solutions. Provides excellent customer service to clients.
– 10% – Provides management with timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and annual budget forecasts. Maintains accurate records of individual list performance. Generates any additional station specific reports as required.
– 5% – Adheres to stations’ credit and collection policies and procedures. Assists business office in credit and collection activities as needed.
– 5% – Maintains understanding of local market ratings, competitive media, station strengths, industry and product knowledge. Utilizes supplementary market research. Remains updated regarding industry trends through trade publications and marketing seminars.
We are always on the lookout for bright, creative talent to be part of the Meredith team.
Visit us today at: http://www.meredith.com/viewjobopenings
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER