The Account Development Consultant solicits new advertisers and increases share of business for existing advertisers. This position assesses the market potential of prospective accounts and meets with local businesses to learn about their marketing needs. The Account Development Consultante achieves assigned revenue goals through the sale of on-air, online and mobile products and services to new and existing clients.
Essential Job Functions:
– 40% – Sells advertising time and provides continuing service to advertising agencies and direct accounts. Assesses the advertising revenue potential of assigned television and non-television accounts. Conveys advertisers’ marketing needs to sales management, research, production and/or promotion in order to design a presentation which shows how the station can fulfill those needs with a television schedule, internet schedule, commercial concept and/or promotional event. Maintains positive client and station personnel relationships.
– 40% – Utilizes available published information about each assigned or prospective advertiser and their industry in order to approach advertiser with an educated sensitivity. Makes presentation to advertisers’ key decision makers in written and/or visual form. Manages client-chosen solutions. Provides excellent customer service to clients.
– 10% – Provides management with timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and annual budget forecasts. Maintains accurate records of individual list performance. Generates any additional station specific reports as required.
– 5% – Adheres to stations’ credit and collection policies and procedures. Assists business office in credit and collection activities as needed.
– 5% – Maintains understanding of local market ratings, competitive media, station strengths, industry and product knowledge. Utilizes supplementary market research. Remains updated regarding industry trends through trade publications and marketing seminars.
It is the policy of Meredith to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Meredith will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Accommodation requests can be made by emailing Meredith.Human.Resources@meredith.com.
Meredith participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees.