5 On Your Side, the TEGNA-owned NBC affiliate in St. Louis, Missouri is seeking a creative, engaging, Multi-Skilled Journalist for its popular daytime program, “Show Me St. Louis.” Since September 1995, “Show Me St. Louis” has featured local restaurants, small businesses, arts and entertainment venues around the St. Louis community. Candidate would host sponsored segments and create sales and lifestyle content for multiple platforms for local businesses.
This is a Monday through Friday position working full-time. The successful candidate will be able to execute a variety of tasks in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment and work well with advertisers. The ideal candidate is a great storyteller who will excel in this digital age of journalism. We want journalists who can create unique and shareable stories for all platforms through memorable writing, photography and editing.
• Work with the sales team and local clients in creating live or pre-produced sales segments.
• Work with sales team to create mutually beneficial relationships with clients.
• Properly coordinate and schedule pre-produced sales segments that might require travel to local businesses.
• Provide an exceptional level of customer service to advertisers purchasing sponsored content.
• Work with community advocates to highlight their contributions positively impacting the St. Louis area.
• Develop contacts throughout the community to identify brand- appropriate stories and contribute daily through the editorial process.
• Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner.
• Shoot, write, produce and edit on air and online content within deadlines.
• Perform other tasks as required by Senior Producer.
• Journalist and/or Mass Communication degree preferred.
• Minimum 2 years of reporting experience preferred.
• Experience working with digital and social media tools in a professional environment.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects effectively under deadline pressure.
• A personal style that promotes effective communication and professional relationship-building.
• Excellent use of social media for news gathering/disseminating and community engagement.
• Cultivate sources.
• Ability to generate creative, engaging, metrics-informed story pitches.
• Strong verbal and written communication.
• Strong organization and time management.
• Knowledge of St. Louis area a plus.
• Reels must show written & edited packages and interactive live shots.
Work Environment: Outdoors (performed in various outdoor environmental conditions)
Physical Demands: Light work (Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.)
Travel: Rarely (less than 10%)
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.