KSDK (NBC), Five on Your Side in St. Louis, is looking for an experienced multi-skilled journalist with newscast anchoring skills and live shot skills to help maintain our tradition of superior reporting and breaking newsgathering. If you’re a creative storyteller who understands true multi-platform journalism and who is not bound by the methods of traditional TV news – we want to hear from you! The expectation for this position is positive newsroom leadership and collaboration.
• Ability to identify, write and produce stories within a specific timeframe.
• Research for facts and credibility.
• Maintain and develop sources who will help bring our reporting to the next level.
• Shoot, write, produce and edit on air and online content within deadlines.
• Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories
• Use social media and digital tools to research, discover and distribute content.
• Attend editorial meetings and offer story ideas daily.
• Regularly anchor newscasts
• Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner.
• College degree in journalism or related field
• Minimum 8 years’ reporting experience, preferred.
• Minimum 2 years’ anchoring experience, preferred
• Must possess solid news judgment, display strong creativity, and have ethical decision-making skills.
• Ability as an engaging communicator on the anchor desk and live in the field.
• Strong writing skills, production skills and tease writing abilities.
• ENPS and Edius experience, preferred. Adobe knowledge, a plus.
• Must be organized with the ability to work under constant deadlines.
• Must be able to calmly handle live breaking news situations and changing events.
• Proven social and digital content creation ability.
• Knowledge of St. Louis area and/or reason to relocate here, a plus
• Positive newsroom leadership
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.