KRCG is looking for a Director for our newscasts. We’re looking for a proactive, engaged and creative director who will help us win viewers and upgrade our shows.
The newscast directors work collaboratively with producers on newscasts and other speical broadcasts, both feature and breaking in nature. We’re seeking someone with a creative eye who will help to edit video, code and direct our shows with creativity and an eye to quality. We need a level-headed director who can get ahead of potential problems and troubleshoot challenges as they come. A successful candidate will bring a “can-do” spirit to the job and enjoys working with others to achieve clean compelling content.
• Perform any production duties as assigned including:
• Direct and TD any assigned newscasts and productions
• Code shows and fix any errors ahead of the newscast
• Maintain production studio and control room
• Perform other tasks related to the position as assigned, which may include website contribution
• Ability to clearly give direction to crew while under pressure
• Typing and good spelling skills necessary
• Ability to read and write, college degree preferred
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work with a team
• Must be able to lift & position 40 pound lighting instruments
• Experience Directing and TDing newscasts is preferred
• Knowledge of production standards and equipment is also preferred
• Full working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!