The Media Strategist (MS) is an expert when it comes to the TEGNA Team and Tools. He/she knows how to best deploy marketing solutions to deliver the utmost results for our customers. The MS’s expertise represents a key element in the ad solution presentation that we deliver to the clients.
The MS interacts closely with the AEs to understand the client’s business needs and challenges, and translates these business needs into innovative ad solutions that deliver a strong ROI.
• Acts as a solution advisor and supports AEs during interactions with prospective advertisers. This MS has an in-depth understanding of TEGNA’s various products, verticals and solutions.
• Develops a comprehensive strategic solution that leverages TEGNA products and services to achieve the best results for clients
• Keeps the AEs informed throughout the ideation process of a solution development
• Develops a full proposal to turn over to the AE, once an advertiser is aware of the solution and is interested in seeing a proposal
• Interacts with advertisers directly or through AEs to gather necessary information needed to produce a proposal tailored to their needs
• Reviews proposals with AEs to ensure readiness. (Presence of the MS may be required when the presentation team delivers the proposal to the advertiser.)
• Works with internal TEGNA team to determine if an existing solution can be deployed; develops unique concepts that address the desired business results and works as a project manager if cross department assets are needed
• Once the sale is made, work with AE to ensure smooth transition to Account Manager and the rest of the fulfillment team
• Supports TV and Digital sales initiatives
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 3-4 years related experience in pre-sale solution role, preferably within the advertising industry
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
• Proficient at PowerPoint
• Experience with CRM software
• TV & Digital knowledge
• Outstanding verbal and written communication
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Sedentary work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office – normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work – Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.