This Business Manager reports to the Market Controller and assists in the oversight of accounting operations in Billing, A/P, month-end close, and financial and tax reporting requirements of the company. This position will play a key role in local GAAP compliance through knowledge of accounting standards and practices and in accordance with industry standards, current laws and Company policy.
• Assist the Controller with the month-end and year-end close process, including journal entry preparation, general ledger account reconciliation and financial statement review.
• Monitor and analyze expense variances.
• Calculate endorsement fees, royalties and benefits payments.
• Responsible for submitting all expense accruals.
• Responsible for all Accounts Payable functions including invoice review and coding, researching and resolving payables issues, 1099 reporting, and other year-end requirements.
• Responsible for weekly and monthly billing operations.
• Process expense reports using SAP Concur.
• Document internal accounting processes to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
• Assist with year-end audit.
• Prepare quarterly capital reports.
• Prepare quarterly sales and use tax returns.
• Ensure integrity and accuracy of financial processes.
• Complete other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or related field, or a combination of education and experience will be considered, with a minimum of 3 – 5 years of experience in month end close responsibility and a comprehensive accounting background that includes all aspects of the G/L, A/P, A/R, and financial reporting.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office; intermediate Excel required.
• Attention to detail, thoroughness, organization, time management and the ability to meet deadlines under pressure. Multitasking is essential.
• Ability to resolve problems and work with a diverse team.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate and work with all levels and departments in the organization as well as clearly explain accounting concepts.
• Ability to work autonomously with a strong desire to achieve excellent outcomes.
• Proven experience working in an environment that requires maintaining confidentiality.
• Knowledge of Oracle NetSuite and SAP Concur a plus.
• Experience in media preferred.
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background and consumer financial history background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication or adverse financial history information alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
• Cover Letter and Resume Required.
• Qualified applicants should apply online at HubbardBroadcasting.com
Hubbard Radio St. Louis is an Equal Employment, Affirmative Action, and E-Verification Employer.