TEGNA touches the lives of tens of millions of Americans every month through timely, local digital news. Our audience consumes our content through centrally managed websites, mobile apps, OTT apps and more and our content creators publish content through systems we built. This Digital Support Engineer will provide support to our content creators across all our digital platforms and systems.
We are looking for a Digital Support Engineer to join our team on a full-time basis. You will work with multiple teams, the latest technologies and a large-scale infrastructure. This is a great position if you enjoy helping people, troubleshooting, working with technology and providing great customer service. If you have great communication skills, strong technical knowledge and a passion for technology, we would like to talk with you.
• Be the first line of Support for our Newsroom’s digital teams
• Understand, validate, research, diagnose, troubleshoot and help solve issues
• Engage with our newsroom users to understand their pain points
• Communicate issue status and resolution plan
• Updates tickets through our current ticketing system according to established guidelines
• Follow established processes and standards and identify and propose improvements
• Work with our online forms system
• Maintain online knowledge base
• Be On-Call one week per month for after-hours emergency issues
• Other duties as needed
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and be able to seamlessly communicate with technical and non-technical personnel
• Time-management skills and the ability to establish reasonable and attainable deadlines for resolution
• Ability to prioritize and manage several tasks and projects efficiently
• Execute on escalation process
• Strong attention to detail and deadline oriented
• Experience with JIRA and Confluence
• General knowledge of JSON, JS, CSS, HTML5
• Familiarity working with APIs
• AAS/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent experience
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.