KSDK, Five on Your Side in St. Louis, is looking for an experienced multi-skilled journalist to help maintain our tradition of superior reporting and newsgathering. If you’re a creative storyteller who understands true multi-platform journalism and who is not bound by the methods of traditional TV news – we want to hear from you!
– Ability to identify, write and produce stories within a specific framework.
– Research for facts and credibility.
– Maintain and develop sources who will help bring our reporting to the next level.
– Shoot, write, produce and edit on air and online content within deadlines.
– Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
– Use social media and digital tools to research, discover and distribute content.
– Attend editorial meetings and offer story ideas daily.
– Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner.
– College degree with minimum three years reporting experience preferred.
– Must possess solid news judgment, display strong communication skills, creativity, and ethical decision-making skills.
– Strong writing skills, production skills and tease writing abilities.
– ENPS, EDIUS and Axis graphics experience is preferred.
– Must be organized with the ability to work under constant deadlines.
– Must be able to calmly handle live breaking news situations and changing events.
– Proven social and digital content creation ability.
– Knowledge of St. Louis area a plus
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 62 television stations and four radio stations in 51 markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching over 38 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks Justice Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.