KOMU 8, the University of Missouri owned NBC/CW affiliate in Columbia, MO has an opening for an Account Executive to join our sales team. We are looking for a solutions-based seller with strong marketing skills who can develop ideas that produce results for new and existing customers utilizing our multi-platform TV and digital products.
The ideal candidate will have experience in B2B sales and be able to think creatively. We are looking for a dynamic, consultative seller/marketer who is focused on both client and personal achievement.
The successful candidate will manage an existing account list with the responsibility of growing revenue and market share through effective negotiation and product packaging while at the same time developing a new list of clients by providing marketing solutions that utilize our linear television stations and a robust menu of digital products from streaming video to SEO and Facebook. Being detail-oriented and having the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment are critical elements of success.
Roles and Responsibilities:
– Achieve all broadcast and digital sales goals on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
– Maximize share of business from an assigned list of local and regional accounts
– Develop new revenue Establish credible relationships within our business community
– Play a role in the production of client’s creative elements
– Review performance reports that effectively analyze how customer goals were met or exceeded with the goal of increasing retention and upsell.
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience
Job ID: 36534
University Title: Account Executive
Internal applicants can determine their university title by accessing the Talent Profile tile in myHR.
Monday- Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Associate’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience and at least 2 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.
– Minimum two years’ experience in sales, preferably in media or digital sales.
– College degree in Marketing, Advertising or Strategic Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
– Understanding of display advertising, email marketing, social and content marketing, SEM, SEO and streaming video a plus
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
– Ability to hold meaningful conversations with decision makers
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, paid time off, and educational fee discounts. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery and excellence.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor of Human Resource Services/Affirmative Action officer at 573-882-4256.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Disability Inclusion and ADA Compliance Manager at 573-884-7278.