Bott radio Network is seeking an experienced professional for a part-time, weekend network control room operator position at their Overland Park, Kansas network operations center. This position is a six-hour weekend shift, with additional hours available at other times during the week. This position may also include some production and announcing responsibilities. Prior radio experience is preferred and candidates must be detail and quality oriented, and be familiar with the use of radio automation systems and Microsoft applications. On-air experience is helpful but not required. Candidates also must have a working knowledge of audio and broadcast equipment.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
The Network Control Room Operator will be responsible for maintaining the continuous broadcasting of programs on all Bott Radio Network affiliates and stations, translators and Internet streams as well as monitoring and operation of all FCC required equipment. The Network Control Room Operator will be responsible to solve or escalate per protocol all issues with the on-air product, whether programming, technical, or as the result of FCC
• Monitor all programming automation systems for proper operation ensuring that the correct programming is being delivered to each affiliate and web stream, responding accordingly to solve any program log problems and any other technical issues with automation systems.
• Preview upcoming programming to ensure the integrity of audio files well in advance of each program’s airtime.
• Monitor all station transmitter power levels and readings to maintain full power output, unless otherwise instructed by the Engineering Department, responding to abnormal conditions by attempting to correct the problem or escalating according to protocol.
• Monitor all tower lights as required by FCC rules and responding to report outages per BRN protocol.
• Continuously monitor and respond to calls to the network studio, twenty-four hours per day, seven days per week, that may occur during the operator’s assigned shift.
• Take and resolve any trouble calls from and about BRN affiliate stations, resolving where possible, escalating per established protocols where necessary.
• Assess and make suggestions for improvement to systems and protocols to streamline workflow, ideally providing detailed problem descriptions, with suggested solutions for those problems.
• Maintain shift reports and post shift reports using email or other means, should other methods be used in the future, immediately following the completion of each work shift. It is the responsibility of the Network Control Room Operator to make sure that all issues and other anomalies are reported before leaving at the end of the work shift.
• Use and manage Trouble Ticket systems when those systems are developed and put into use.
• Part-time NOC staff team members must be willing to fill in for full-time staff as requested.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Education and/or experience with common computer operation and computer skills including, but not limited to, the use of:
a) RCS Zetta radio automation systems
b) Virtual Private Network (VPN)
c) Zoom or other video conferencing applications.
d) Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) applications
e) The ability and desire to successfully learn new software applications as necessary for execution of job duties as the Bott Radio Network NOC continues to evolve and develop.
f) Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365
Excellent written and oral communication skills required
• Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
• Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
• Ability to sit or stand for an extended period.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other computer components.
• Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects as may be necessary
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bott Radio Network, Inc is an equal opportunity employer